Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Competition or Collaboration?

I was speaking at a seminar last week when someone with an IT support business said "I want to find Networks with fewer IT people because that means more opportunity for me". When we explored the subject he agreed that he actually got most referrals from other IT related service providers and said "Forget I said that. What I actually mean is that I want to find Networks with MORE IT People!"

Looking at others as competition is perfectly natural, but very few small businesses really compete directly. Very often other providers will provide complementary services and as you speak to the same buyers you can quickly build a referral relationship. Over time that will often lead to collaborating on bigger projects than you may be able to win on your own.

Good Networking!
Dave Clarke
Get 7 networking secrets for business success

business networking | business networking events | business networking podcast
Share/Save/Bookmark