Friday, December 4, 2009

Should you join that networking group?

At the end of a recent event a visitor said to me "do you think I should join this group". I replied that I was biased, but could he answer yes to the following 3 questions.

1. Do you like the people in the group?
2. Over time could you introduce them to your trusted contacts?
3. Do you have the time in your diary for attending the events and following up?

He asked why those questions and I said, "Unless you like the people you are not likely to make the effort. If you can make introductions for the others then it is likely they can do the same for you. Finally, you need to have the time to invest in building relationships."

He smiled and asked for an application form.

Good Networking!
Dave Clarke
Get 7 networking secrets for business success

business networking | business networking events | business networking podcast

Share/Save/Bookmark