Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Personal & Professional in Business Networking

Another question I was asked in my webcast last week on 'How to Effectively Combine Offline & Online Networking'was whether I made a distinction between personal & professional networks in the information I share.

My answer was along the lines that people buy people so it is important to share personal information in both business and personal networking.

I enjoyed reading supporting evidence on this issue in Graham Jones' blog post yesterday about the information you share on your website. In 'Find connections to increase your sales' Graham suggests "the more personal information you reveal, the more likely it is you will connect with your customers".

He goes on to say "As if we didn't know, people buy from people... start telling the world even more about yourself so they can start to truly connect with you".

Good Networking!
Dave Clarke
Get 7 networking secrets for business success

business networking | business networking events | business networking podcast
Share/Save/Bookmark