Friday, June 12, 2009

Linkedin for Small Business

Until recently many people I met thought of Linkedin as a network for Corporate users and recruiters. Over the last couple of years more owners of small businesses & partners in niche professional firms have started to put their profile on Linkedin, but many still say to me "I am on Linkedin, but I don't know what to do with it."

Linkedin provides a great platform for finding business opportunities and now has many more features for raising your profile. I have recently used applications in my Linkedin profile to share my blog, NRG networking events, slide presentations and polls. I have also started the NRG-networks group on Linkedin where members can post articles, take part in relevant discussions, make connections and strengthen relationships.

It's worth spending some time, say 10 minutes a day, to connect with people you already know, join relevant groups, answer questions in your area of expertise and build a better profile. It all helps build your reputation and strengthen your networking relationships.

If you are on Linkedin connect with me at http://www.linkedin.com/in/daveclarke
You can also join the NRG-networks group at http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=133989

Good Networking!
Dave Clarke
Get 7 networking secrets for business success

business networking | business networking events | business networking podcast


Bookmark and Share